The Work Life Family Conference is almost here. Below, is the agenda for Friday’s (Oct. 5) Work Life Family Conference being hosted in the Connecticut Room of CCSU’s Memorial Hall. We hope to see you there and are looking forward to an inspiring day addressing the needs of working families in Connecticut.
Please know that if you are unable to join us, a live stream will be running on the CSU-AAUP YouTube Channel. We will also be posting live videos throughout the conference on the CSU-AAUP Facebook page.
Feel free to join us in person or virtually as your schedule allows. CSU-AAUP looks forward to shining the spotlight on ways employers can work together to create thriving workplaces where all employees are empowered and supported.
WORK LIFE FAMILY CONFERENCE
October 5, 2018
8:30 – 9:00am Registration – Coffee and Tea
9:00 – 10:15 Welcome – Elena Tapia, President, CSU-AAUP
Introduction – Glynis Fitzgerald, Dean of Graduate Studies and Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs, CCSU
KEYNOTE: Neoliberalism and the Crisis of Care – Julie Wilson, Associate Professor, Communication Arts and Community and Justice Studies, Allegheny College
10:30- 11:45 PANEL 1 – Solutions in Academia
- Louise Williams – President, CCSU-AAUP (Moderator)
- Carrie Andreoletti – Professor, Department of Psychological Science/Gerontology, CCSU (Age-Friendly Campus)
- Kari Swanson – Assistant Librarian, SCSU (Breastfeeding Friendly Campus)
- Eve Weinbaum – Associate Professor, The Labor Center,UMASS Amherst (Paid Family Leave)
- Amanda Freeman – Assistant Professor, Department ofSociology, University of Hartford (Child Care on Campus)
11:45 – 12:45 LUNCH
12:45 – 2:00pm PANEL 2 – Solutions in Connecticut
- Gary Winfield, State Senator – Connecticut State Senate (Moderator)
- Lori Pelletier – President, Connecticut AFL-CIO
- Maureen McIntyre – Executive Director, North Central Area Agency on Aging
- Madeline Granato – Policy Associate, Connecticut Women’s Education and Legal Fund
- Carlos Moreno – Working Families Organization/Party
- Anthony Gay – Social Work Supervisor, Department of Children and Families/Fatherhood Engagement Leadership Team